Dear Parent/Guardian or Adult Learner:
When you or your child attends StairWay5, the images/photographs and work may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- Used to create a student’s individual Digital Portfolio.
- Used to demonstrate and record student group projects
- Used as a demonstration project/activity at conferences and events
- Posted on StairWay5 and it’s affiliated web sites on the Internet
- Posted on StairWay5 and it’s affiliated social media sites on the Internet (for example Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Submitted as samples to program publishers or as contest entries to sponsors
- Appear on video made during a student presentation of their project, or in broadcasts
- Appear on video in a StairWay5 related program to be used by a television stations
- Used in a printed and on-line publications such as newspapers or magazines
- You/Your child’s first name and first initial of the last name may accompany the photo or video.
There is no monetary compensation for the use of the work.
Please see below for more details on student Digital Portfolios:
- Digital Portfolios will be uploaded to this public website: brainbow5.com
- If media release is authorized, the student will be listed by first name and last name first initial – see this page for example: student portfolio home
- As part of each course, each student will learn to create their own home page and then add coding, robotics, digital media projects and other content that extend from their home page. Click on each student’s name to see their work to date.
- If authorization is not provided, students may bring or be provided USB memory sticks to save their work but will not be able to save or showcase their work on the StairWay5 student portfolio website.
Providing consent on student registration forms grants us approval to publicize without prior notification and remains in effect until revoked in writing.
Last updated July 4, 2019