Prior to registering your child for one of our programs, please review the StairWay5 policies below. They are driven by small class sizes, intensity of the course material as well as the consecutive building of coursework through each class session.
The on-line enrollment form requires that you review, understand and acknowledge that you accept these policies.
COVID-19 RELATED POLICIES (updated July 20th, 2020)
With safety in mind and following federal, state and local recommended guidelines related to COVID-19, please review and accept the following restrictions and requirements. These will supersede previous waivers where applicable.
- Students must be dropped off on the curb and enter the outer door one at a time.
- Each student must wear a mask/face covering when entering the building and use the provided hand sanitizing station inside the entry door (you may also provide your own sanitizer).
- Students will be greeted and visually checked for COVID-19 symptoms. Please remind your child to keep 6 feet from others.
- Students must then go to their assigned desks. One laptop/kit is assigned to one student for the duration of the class and will not be shared.
- Students should remain at their seats/desk during class and ask the instructor before they leave their desks. Please provide water in a drip proof container. A short break inside or outside may be provided with social distancing/masks in place. Students may take their masks off at their desks when needed but are encouraged to keep them on while indoors.
- Based on current recommendations, eating is not allowed in the facility. If you are signed up for morning and afternoon classes, we will require that you pick up your child for lunch between classes.
- Students will exit the facility one at a time and will be asked to sanitize their hands before leaving. Students should be picked up on the curb.
- For the safety and comfort of all students and staff, we ask you to adequately prepare your child before class each day by packing water, sanitizer and mask, eating an adequate meal to carry them through class, finishing bathroom duties and washing hands prior to leaving home and reminding them about the above procedures.
- Please DO NOT send your child to StairWay5 if they should any signs of illness (example: fever, cough, throat pain). Please contact us to report any of these symptoms and that the student will not be in class and report any illness or results of any tests such as Strep Throat, Influenza or COVID-19. This information may be communicated to other parents and state authorities as required.
- If a student is unable to attend on site, a Video meeting option will be included with all core and language classes to allow the student to attend online. If any student or staff tests positive for COVID-19, classes will be moved online for 2 weeks as recommended by current guidelines.
- If classes need to be canceled due to updates in federal, state, local guidelines, fees for the remaining portion of each class will be prorated and will be refunded.
ENROLLMENT FEES and REFUND POLICY
SUMMER Classes: Payment of full class fees is required to enroll in a class. Enrollment can be cancelled by an email request on or before May 1st with a full refund of class fees minus a $100 fee. Fees will not be refunded if registrations are cancelled after May 1st. We reserve the right to cancel a class within 2 weeks of start date if enrollment is insufficient and will offer an alternate course option if available. All fees will be refunded if a class is canceled and alternate option is not available or declined.
FALL and SPRING Classes: Initial non-refundable installment of 40% of fees is due upon registration. Remaining fees will be collected in two additional installments of 30% each.
StairWay5 provides equal opportunity to participate in programs and does not discriminate by gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, disability, race, national origin, color, religion or creed.
STUDENT ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE
Please see COVID-10 related arrival and departure processes above.
Please pick up your child punctually at the end of class, no more than 5 minutes after the end of class. There will be a $25 charge per 15 minutes delay in picking up your child after the 5-minute grace period. If we are unable to reach you or your emergency contacts 30 minutes after class ends, we may contact the authorities to reach a parent or guardian. If you would like your child to sign themselves out at the end of class, please provide your approval in the student self-check out authorization section during registration. Under no circumstance can a child leave the classroom early without your authorization. Children who leave early must be picked up by a parent or the authorized individuals.
Please also see COVID-19 related arrival and departure processes outlined in the COVID-19 waiver.
ONSITE Classes: We expect students to attend every day of class except in case of illness or emergency. The coursework builds upon itself and missing more than 1 consecutive class may leave your child in a position where they cannot catch up.
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather. The parent/guardian listed on the registration form will be notified via text and/or email at least 2 hours prior to the start of class if this occurs. No refunds will be provided. A make-up class may be offered if the schedule allows.
ONLINE Classes: Please plan to login to the provided Video meeting link with the instructor on time. Please notify us ahead of the start of class if your child is unable to attend the scheduled class. We will try to reschedule depending on the instructor’s availability – this is not guaranteed and refunds will not be provided for missed classes.
EMERGENCY CONTACT and PROCEDURES
The parent/guardian and contacts listed during registration will be contacted for emergencies. In case of medical or life-threatening emergency, the instructor is authorized to contact emergency medical services (9-1-1) for assistance and transfer of care. Any costs incurred as a result are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
FOOD and ALLERGIES
Food is not allowed in the classrooms – see updated COVID-19 policies. Student allergies and medical conditions must be listed in the registration form.
We want to ensure that all students have a safe classroom environment that is free of excessive distraction. If your child’s behavior becomes a problem as determined by the instructor, the instructor will contact you to determine if the behavior can be addressed by the next session. If the student is unable to correct their behavior, we reserve the right to dismiss the student from the remainder of the course. Refunds will not be made for any classes from which a child is dismissed. Discretion for any decision to excuse a child from a course remains solely with the instructor.
EMAIL, INTERNET, COMPUTER and MOBILE DEVICE USAGE
Students will have access to the Internet on the computers used in each class. To a reasonable extent possible, students will be protected from access to inappropriate materials through Safe Google Search and/or other blocking software. Because information on the Internet appears, disappears, and changes, creating a “safe environment” is impossible. Instructors will provide parameters for students to work as safely as possible to achieve the course goals. Students must not share personal information (emails, phone numbers, addresses) on websites or communicate externally (e.g. FaceBook, SnapChat and other social media platforms) while in class. Cell phone or other personal device usage is not allowed during class.
Parents and guardians are asked to discuss internet safety and rules with their child. Students are responsible for appropriate behavior on the school computer network just as they are in the classroom. Students are expected to use computer and robotics and other supplied equipment in a careful manner as instructed. Students that do not adhere to the internet, computer and equipment usage policies may be dismissed at the discretion of the instructor.
Home School Support and Math students are required to have a personal email account (preferable Gmail) set up for use to log into Google Drive, Khan Academy and other resources. Please provide this during registration and ensure you and your child know the username and password for this account.