Science : Technology : Engineering : Math
Invest in your child’s technology education and enrichment today to set them on a path to excel in the technologically accelerating world of their future.
- Transforms students into Creators of Technology, not just consumers.
- Every student builds a Digital Portfolio. Click the link to see what our students have created!
- Year-round courses of study build skills from beginner levels to mastery of real-world projects
- Project-based curriculum focused on 5 core skills: Problem Identification, Learning to Learn, Critical Thinking, Solutions Design and Project Management
2020 Registration is OPEN! Click on the Register Here button to see courses and schedules for Spring and Summer sessions. Powered by Active Network.
January 14 – May 17
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays – 5pm – 6:30pm
- Sundays – 2pm – 3:30pm
- Session #1: January 14 – March 8
- Session #2: March 23 – May 17
June 1 – August 7
- Mornings – 9am – 11:30am (drop off starts at 8:30am)
- Afternoons – 1:30pm – 4pm
- Lunch supervision (bring your own lunch) & activities included for AM and PM students – 11:30am – 1:30pm
- After School – 4pm – 5:30pm
Technology Curriculum Pathways:
1. Computer Science / Software Development (Ages 10+)
- Programming I – Intro to Computers, Internet, HTML/CSS
- Programming III – Intro to Databases/SQL
- Programming – Advanced
- Full Stack, Mobile, Machine Learning, Cyber Security
- Programming Certification Prep & Test
- Real-world projects
2. Digital Media (Ages 9+)
- Graphic Art/Design
- Movie Production/Editing
- Graphic Art/Design for Marketing
- Animated Storytelling – Adobe Cloud Suite
- CAD/3D Printing
- Movie Production/Editing
- Video Game Design
- Product Design
- Real World Service Projects
3. Robotics and Engineering (Ages 8+)
- Junior Robotics-Web
- Robotics I
- Electronics I
4. Applied Math & Strategic/Critical Thinking (Ages 8+)
- Applied Math Group
- Scholastic Chess (new course!)
Open Programming, Robotics and Digital Media Labs are available year-round for returning students to practice and hone their skills with mentoring from instructors, as well as continue to build their digital portfolios.
Iowa Tech Chicks and StairWay5 Partnership
All GIRLS coding classes sponsored by Iowa Tech Chicks. We’re proud to partner with Iowa Tech Chicks as the provider for the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council Innovation Fund Grant Award. In Spring 2019, the Fund provided scholarships with support from Iowa Tech Chicks and StairWay5 for 6 girls to attend the Web Programming I course at StairWay5. Please contact Iowa Tech Chicks for future scholarship programs to support Girls in Tech.