At StairWay5, we offer immersive, enrichment programs infused with 5 core skills.
- JAVA01: Intro to Java Programming
- JAVA02: Intermediate Java Programming and Intro to Databases/SQL
- JAVA03: Full Stack Programming
Robotics for Grades 3-10: Students progress through the following areas: robot architecture, machines, gears and drivetrains, graphical interfaces, programming languages for robots, and ultimately putting together their knowledge to design, build and program usable machines and robots.
- JNR-RBT: Robot Build Projects and Introduction to HTML
- RBT01: Robotics I – Introduction to Robot Architecture, Engineering, Build and Programming
- RBT02: Robotics II – Robot Engineering, Build, ROBOTC Programming
- RBT03: Robotics III – Competition-level Robot Engineering, Build, Programming
Makers Lab I & 5 Core Skills
Makers Lab is an introduction to developing independent Engineering Design and Build skills. It provides additional space and time for students who are currently enrolled in or have completed a Programming or Robotics course to continue to expand on their projects or build new projects. Students will be provided access to computers, robotics kits and other materials like Arduino processor boards. They can choose to work individually or set up teams and collaborate with others for their projects. Students are encouraged to work independently and practice their technical skills and 5 core skills. Instructors will provide guidance and mentoring as needed to ensure students meet the objectives they have set for themselves. Projects completed during the Lab can also be be added to each student’s Digital Portfolio.
5 CORE SKILLS in our mission go hand in hand with a rigorous technical education to prepare your child for the near future
- Problem Identification– this is the launch pad for innovation, invention and entrepreneurship. The proven approach of engaging students to identify problems that are meaningful to them and turn them into opportunities for change is the key to success.
- Learning to Learn– children abound in curiosity and have an inherent passion to learn about topics to which they have an emotional connection. Our curriculum provides a set of tools and methods for students to learn about topics they can invest in.
- Critical Thinking– in the process of learning about a problem, the innovator must ask the analytical and relevant questions to identify solutions. Repeated practice and learning from failures is vital. We coach and provide a stress-free, collaborative, hands-on, exploratory environment to develop this skill.
- Solution Design– innovators must provide detailed designs for their proposed solutions and evaluate feasibility. The process of refinement through iterations will be practiced.
- Project Management– the successful delivery of a solution design is based on a sound project plan and it’s execution. Core principles such as schedule, budget and resource management will be practiced.