At StairWay5, we offer immersive, enrichment programs infused with 5 core skills.
- Programming I – Web development and the 5 skills introduction
- Programming II – Technology architecture, Java programming and 5 skills extension
- Programming III – Database and Full-stack programming and 5 skills extension
Robotics – Students progress through the following areas: robot architecture, machines, gears and drivetrains, graphical interfaces, programming languages for robots, and ultimately putting together their knowledge to design, build and program usable machines and robots.
- Robotics I – Introduction to Robot Architecture, Engineering, Build and Programming
- Robotics II – Robot Engineering, Build, ROBOTC Programming & 5 skills extension
- Robotics II – Competition-level Robot Engineering, Build, Programming & 5 skills extension
Engineering – Makers Lab I
Makers Lab is an introduction to Engineering and provides additional space and time for students who are currently enrolled in or have completed Programming I and/or Robotics I to continue to expand on their projects or design and build new projects. Students will be provided access to computers, robotics kits and other materials like Arduino processor boards. They can choose to work individually or set up teams and collaborate with others for their projects. Students are encouraged to work independently and practice their technical skills and 5 core skills. Instructors will provide guidance and mentoring as needed to ensure students meet the objectives they have set for themselves. Projects completed during the Lab can also be be added to each student’s Digital Portfolio.
Engineering – Engineering Design courses require completion of all levels of programming and robotics. These are advanced level courses for students that have a strong mastery of all programming and robotics courses. Students will learn parts fabrication and building a functional robot to solve problems they have identified, under the mentorship of an Engineer.
- Engineering I
- Engineering II
5 CORE SKILLS in our mission go hand in hand with a rigorous technical education to prepare your child for the near future
- Problem Identification– this is the launch pad for innovation, invention and entrepreneurship. The proven approach of engaging students to identify problems that are meaningful to them and turn them into opportunities for change is the key to success.
- Learning to Learn– children abound in curiosity and have an inherent passion to learn about topics to which they have an emotional connection. Our curriculum provides a set of tools and methods for students to learn about topics they can invest in.
- Critical Thinking– in the process of learning about a problem, the innovator must ask the analytical and relevant questions to identify solutions. Repeated practice and learning from failures is vital. We coach and provide a stress-free, collaborative, hands-on, exploratory environment to develop this skill.
- Solution Design– innovators must provide detailed designs for their proposed solutions and evaluate feasibility. The process of refinement through iterations will be practiced.
- Project Management– the successful delivery of a solution design is based on a sound project plan and it’s execution. Core principles such as schedule, budget and resource management will be practiced.