Join an exciting startup in the Corridor and experience the joy of teaching and seeing technology through the eyes of your students.
Junior Robotics-Web Instructor:
- Teach introductory Robotics (Lego, VEX, other) and HTML to groups of up to 8 students ages 8-11 (training will be provided)
- Attend training and shadow mentor to develop teaching methodology consistent with the mission of StairWay5 and focused on the five core skills (Problem Identification, Learning to Learn, Critical Thinking, Solutions Design and Project Management)
- Guide students through the projects and encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Save all student digital projects weekly for upload to student digital portfolios
- Provide meaningful feedback about class material and student dynamics in the classroom
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment in the classroom
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, and policies of StairWay5
- Prepares for each session using the materials provided and additional materials as appropriate
- Handle inquiries from parents regarding StairWay5 programs
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to work with children ranging from Elementary to High School
- Understanding of basic science and technology principles and ability to articulate them in simple terms
- Ability to think on your feet and be creative to keep kids engaged, while teaching.
- Must be punctual and reliable. Students must always be supervised.
- Must be organized and efficient to run an effective class.
- Must be able to work independently and communicate via email and have a cell phone.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and pass a local and national background check and authorized to work in the US
- Ability to create, analyze, play & fix LEGO models and use Eclipse IDE to update HTML web pages after training
- Prior technical experience with HTML and/or LEGO® Robotics/VEX or Technics and coaching is a plus.
Pay and Schedule:
Job Type: Part Time. Sundays 2-4pm in Spring 2019. Two 8-week sessions starting January 13th, 2019.
Pay: $30 / hour
Each 8-week course will total approximately 20 hours as follows:
- 16 hours of instruction time (8 classes, 2 hours each).
- 2 hours of training
- 2 hours set up / clean up (10-15 minutes before and after each class)
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.